- You feel existential dread on a Sunday afternoon about the up and coming work week
- You constantly feel fatigued no matter how much sleep you get
- Meetings and reviews cause you so much anxiety that you feel like your heart is going to burst out of your chest, your hands shake, you sweat and your voice quivers
- You don’t make eye contact because subconsciously you are desperately trying to save your energy that any interaction would drain
- You’ve come home from work and sat in a dark room because any more sensory stimulation will send you into a meltdown
- Your toilet breaks are your favourite part of your day
- You feel like you suffer from time depravation, that work robs you of too much and leaves you without any energy to do things your enjoy
- Flouressant office lights, chit chat and people chewing overwhelm you to the point that your vision becomes blurred and you feel like you’re about to have a panic attack
- You avoid work socials because you feel like you don’t have enough time to recharge let alone drain yourself anymore. Besides you hate small talk and despise the social conventions of the office
If you relate to these 9 signs then it’s perhaps time to start looking for an alternative way to live.
After all, we are born to live, not to work. And certainly not to work to live.